Shrimp and Grits
Jason Damato, Executive Chef of Crossroads at the House of Blues
Pan seared jumbo shrimp simmered in Chipotle garlic cream sauce served over crispy fried grit cake and sweet yellow tomatoes.
3 tbsp. Aaron's Chipotle Love Sauce (featured in his book)
3 oz. Heavy Cream
½ tsp. Kosher Salt
1 oz. Yellow Tear Drop Tomato (cut in ½ lengthwise)
1 oz. Red Tear Drop Tomato (cut in ½ lengthwise)
½ tsp. Chopped Chives
½ tsp. Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
1 oz. Blended Olive Oil
Cheese Grit Frying Procedure
1 ea. Cheese Grit Cake (Cut 3” by 3” square)
4 oz. Fried Chicken Breading (See recipe)
4 oz. Egg Wash (See recipe)
1 oz. Panko Bread Crumbs
1. Place in a 375 degree fryer for 4 minutes until golden brown. Reserve on a save a day.
2. Heat blended olive oil in a medium sauté pan.
3. Add shrimp and sauté on one side, flip shrimp and add shallots
4. Add heavy cream and Chipotle love sauce and reduce by half.
5. Add tomatoes, salt and chopped parsley.
6. Place cooked grit cake on the center of the 12” pasta bowl and top with shrimp.
7. Cover completely with sauce and garnish with chopped chives.
Return to Featured Recipes