Find us on
Cooking time: 10-12 minutes
Serves 4-6 people
1 cup Hillshire Farm CheddarWurst sausage, diced
6 eggs, beaten
1 tomato, diced
¼ cup sliced green onions
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1.Spray 10 inch non-stick pan with cooking spray. Heat pan to medium high temperature.
2. Sauté sausage for 2-3 minutes until sausage begins to brown. Stir in tomato and green onions.
3.Pour beaten eggs into pan over sausage mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
4.Lower heat to medium. Do not stir. Allow eggs to cook for 1-2 minutes. As sides begin to pull away, remove pan from heat and place under the oven broiler. Continue cooking for 5-7 minutes until eggs are no longer runny and slightly firm to the touch.
5.Using a spatula, slide out from pan and slice into wedges. Serve immediately.
Equipment for Demonstration:
· 10 inch non-stick sauté pan
· Cooking spray
· 2 medium size bowl (for cut sausage and beaten eggs)
· 2 small bowls (for green onions and tomatoes)
· 10 or 12 inch white plate for presentation
Some Talking Points:
1.To cut calories or fat from this dish, use egg substitute instead of whole eggs.
2.This is a great breakfast for the family or romantic bunch idea for February.
3. Fill your frittata with your favorite vegetables like spinach, onions or even artichokes.
4. To serve several guests, make individual frittatas by baking in a muffin pan.
5.The frittata can be cooked on the stove instead of putting in the oven. Simply lower the heat and cover with a lid until eggs are cooked.